I am really enjoying this class because I feel like it's a mixture of you teaching us and us teaching ourselves which is the best way to learn. Math isn't always fun, but now that I am understanding more about the logic behind it, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite subjects. I'm feeling as though this class is boosting my confidence mathematically...I've always felt like math wasn't too tough but teaching it always seemed like a daunting task but now I'm good to go now. I look forward to class every week which is a nice feeling!
Monday, September 28, 2009
Efficiency vs. Productivity
Now it's time to weigh in on the discussion regarding the fluidity of the class. I think that the class is moving on nicely...as far as the whole discussion about the class moving too slow or what have you, I think it's a matter of comfortability level. To me, I think that as long as we keep moving along, that's all that matters. I think the people who feel the class is moving too slowly just expect to have a schedule that needs to be followed to a T. That is not reality at all, especially in the classroom. I like that our schedule depends on how quickly we are grasping the curriculum. That having been said...on to today's quiz!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think one of the toughest things in this class is to help people view teaching and learning in a different way. Math doesn't have to be all about the teacher showing the way. In fact, it's a lot less interesting to teach that way.
ReplyDelete